A Prayer for the Chaldean Synod to be held in Baghdad from 24-28 June
We have a full month before the Chaldean Synod, and His Beatitude our Father the Patriarch has asked that this prayer is to be announced in all dioceses and parishes, and in the monks’ and nuns’ monasteries of all missionaries, read out at Holy Masses on Sunday throughout the run-up period to the Synod.
Lord Jesus, pour out on our bishops Your Soul and Your Life so that they will merge in You. Possess their heart completely to reflect Your Face, love and values with enthusiasm, joy, dedication and impartiality.
O Lord, accompany them, and enlighten them in their meetings, their discussions and decisions for better service and a more credible witness.
O Lord, we pray for the outcome of the Synod to be the expected fruits for the unity of our Church, and its rooting in its mission and renewal in authenticity, all glory and honor is Yours forever.
Topics on the agenda of the next Synod:
1. The situations of the Chaldean dioceses in Iraq and countries of immigration (The Challenges of immigration), and organizing the Curia.
2. Selecting new Bishops for vacant chairs.
3. The beatification of Archbishops martyrs of the Great War.
4. The adoption of private right.
5. Study the draft of Ritual of Baptism and Ritual of Matrimony: Unify and circulate to all parishes. The renewed Liturgy! As well as the liturgical Morning Prayer.
6. Priestly and monastic Calls: Causes of lack of calls, and ways to encourage them.
7. Taking advantage of the capabilities of the laity and their talents in the face of the current challenges and aspirations, and giving them their role in Church’s committees and institutions.
8. Study of the formation of the Chaldean League like the Maronite, Syriac and Greek Leagues.